Maybe you forgot the password to your old account and you want to open a new account on Facebook. I would suggest you delete that old account before or while you open the new one. Don't worry, we'll show you how to delete that old Facebook account if you have forgotten your password.
NOTE: Ensure that your current profile is not a friend to your old profile, i.e, on your current and new profile, you should not be friends with your former and old profile.
HOW TO DELETE AN OLD FACEBOOK ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR PASSWORD
On Your Facebook Application
- Log in your present Facebook account
- Locate your old Facebook account
- Click on the name
- Click on the three horizontal buttons at the right-hand of the page (close to message)
- On the drop down menu, click on ''Report''
- Click on ''Recover or close this account''
- On the pop-up screen, click on ''Recover or close this account''
- If you select ''Recover this account'' you'll be logged out of your current account and taken through steps to help recover the account
- If you select ''Close this account'', the profile will be reviewed and deactivated after Facebook is able to verify that it's your old account.
On Your Browser
- Click in the top right side of the account's profile
- Click ''Report''
- Click ''Recover or close this account'' then tap on continue
- On the pop-up screen, you will be given options:
- If you select ''Recover this account'', you'll be logged out of your current account and taken through steps to help recover the hacked account
- If you select Close this account, the profile will be reviewed and deactivated after Facebook is able to verify that it's your old account.
- How do you create a private event on Facebook?
- How to Log out of My Facebook Account?
- How To See/View Your Blocked List On Facebook
As easy as that! Don't forget to hit on the share buttons for others to benefit from this little discovery.